Best Christian Dating Sites
Disclosure: When you sign up through links on our site, we may receive a referral commission from partners. For more, see our advertiser disclosure page.
Been to all your church’s bible study and social events? If you still haven’t found your soul mate, well, you’re not alone. It’s challenging enough to be single in today’s world and find someone who’s attractive. Add in the desire to find someone to walk Jesus’ path together, and it’s even harder. Thankfully, Christian dating sites and apps make dating for Christian singles a little easier.
There are now special Christian dating website and app downloads to help Christian singles meet. No longer is it necessary to sign up for online dating only to pray for a match. You can use a Christian dating site for marriage . With dating websites for Christians, you can find the love of a lifetime– and have fun doing it.
Let’s take a closer look at the best Christian dating sites today:
Best Christian Dating Sites
Christian Mingle: Best Site for Largest Christian Community
- Community:Christian Mingle has more than 16 million members. It’s been around since 2001, so it’s not one of the new Christian dating sites. It’s one of the most popular dating apps for those looking for a faith-based relationship.
- Free for Basic Membership:All members can post a profile with up to six photos. They can search the database, receive “Your Matches” emails, and enjoy dating for free. For $49.99 for a month, you can be a paid member. You’ll get better deals if you commit to more months. As paid member, you can read and reply to all messages and know when matches read your messages.
- Plenty of Advice:Christian Mingle also publishes a blog called “Believe.” It’s filled with success stories, dating advice, and more to help Christians match. Topics include the best place to meet Christian singles and Christian dating for seniors.
- Dating App Available:Stay connected to that special someone through the free app. You can download it from both the Apple Store and Google Play.
Match.com: Best for Long-Term Love
- Huge Membership:Match.com boasts more than 21.5 million members. Still, it’s a much smaller population of Christian singles dating each other. With religious views in the profiles, it’s one of the best Christian dating websites.
- Filter Options:You can use a custom search to find Christian singles of a certain faith. You can filter for Christian/Catholic, Christian/LDS, or Christian/Protestant. You can add other filters too. Popular options filter for children, location, longest relationship time, and dating intentions.
- Opportunity for Gay Connections: Gay Christians can have a tough time looking for love. There aren’t many Christian dating services for gays of faith. For these Christians, this online dating app can help you find a match online.
- Guaranteed Subscription:It is free to create a profile, view matches, message, and send “winks.” Still, a paid memberships open up more ways to connect. If you have been unsuccessful after six months, Match.com will give you another six months free. One month costs $35.99, but there are deals if you agree to more months.
- Long-Term Relationship Success:Bustle.com reports that a third of members were successful. What is success? It’s a relationship that lasted more than six months with Match.com.
Christian Cupid: Best for Spiritual Connections
- Limited Members:Christian Cupid is one of the smaller religious dating sites. There are only 60,000 members throughout the world. Of that number, a quarter of members are in the United States. But, you don’t need the largest Christian dating site. It only takes one person to be the love of your life.
- Great for New Friends:This dating app and site is different from others. It’s not just about finding romance. You can also find friends and pen pals to share spiritual connections only.
- Free Premium Membership:They offer a free three-month trial for everyone who adds a photo to a new profile. This means fewer ads as you browse profiles and send messages.
- In-Depth Profiles:You’ll want to know everything you can about someone. That’s the first step to compatibility. This site delivers with five sections that lets members share about themselves. Standard members can store up to five photos.
- Android App:Currently, Christian Cupid does not have a dating app for iOS. There is an app to download for free from the Google Play Store.
Christian Café: Best Site for Sharing Faith
- Christian Owned:Christian Café is one of the few Christian dating online businesses owned by a Christian couple. This can be important to people who want to support others who share their faith.
- More Than 25K Marriages:The site shares more than 3,000 testimonials of people who found love with them. More than 25,000 couples have also credited them for their marriage.
- Free Trial Memberships:This isn’t online free dating, but at first it is. Once you sign up, you get a week-long trial membership. Then, you can browse and message a lot. However, if you wish to share your personal contact email address or phone number, you must be a paying member.
- Ability to Post Prayers:You can post prayers and share faith with the cafe community. This is only available on the online version and not the app. It’s a nice way to keep your faith in the forefront.
- All Christian Denominations Welcome:Dating back to 1999, this is a place that many people look to start dating a Christian. There are nearly 2 million members, with half located in the United States.
OurTime: Best for Older Christians
- Over 50 Singles:OurTime focuses on an often-overlooked demographic of older Christians. By limiting its membership to senior Christian dating, it saves a lot of time. As a result, it’s one of the best Christian dating sites for seniors.
- Easy Sign-up Process:There’s no need to be tech-savvy to sign up for OurTime. You fill out a simple form with your information and upload up to 30 photos. It takes just a few minutes.
- Filtered Search Options:OurTime isn’t just for Christian dating. Users will have to filter their searches for religious interests to find like-minded singles. You’ll need to pay $29.96 for a month-long membership if you wish to send messages.
- Simple-to-Use App:Most Christian online dating is on-the-go, regardless of age. OurTime has a nice, free app to download that has basically the same features as the website version.
- Safe for Mature Singles:This is one of the best dating sites for mature singles. There are around 1.5 million members from the United States. The site takes safe dating seriously, with plenty of tips on the dating site.
BlackPeopleMeet: Best for African-Americans
- Largest Dating Site for Blacks:If you are looking not only for an African-American Christian, BlackPeopleMeet can help. But, the site does not stop people of other ethnicities and races from joining. In some Christian dating site reviews, some members feel it’s not one of the real Christian dating sites.
- Search for Christians With a Keyword:By using a keyword like “Catholic,” you can find someone who shares your beliefs. That’s why this is one of the best Black Christian dating sites.
- Featured Matches:The site operates a little differently, by providing users a handful of featured matches each day. You can decide if you’re interested or not by swiping. However, you cannot contact someone you’re interested in unless you’re a paid member.
- Affordable Memberships:There aren’t many features for free users. Luckily, premium membership is relatively affordable for online dating. It is $16.75 for a month. Once you pay, there are many ways to connect. You can even make a call to other Christians online without sharing your phone number.
- ProfilePro:Not sure what to write to make your profile stand out for dating a Christian? Hire a pro through the site. They can help you connect with singles near you.
ChristianPeopleMeet: Best Way to Meet Christians
- Fast Sign-Ups:ChristianPeopleMeet doesn’t waste time when you make a profile. Instead, you just enter your gender, birthday, a short statement of up to 1,250 characters, and your photo. In fact, men and women must upload a photo or their profile is hidden.
- Send Videos to Christian Singles:To make up for the short profiles, this site offers something very different. You can upload a video introduction. No other Christian dating site offers this. This is a perfect way to see who others are.
- Swipe-Style Matches:You still swipe left or right depending on your interest. The difference with ChristianPeopleMeet and Tinder, then, is the emphasis on Christian dating.
- Affordable Membership:It costs $16.99 a month for memberships. You must pay to communicate beyond sending a “flirt notification.” Paid members can send emails and instant messages through the site.
- Simple Design:This site doesn’t have a chat room or a place to share prayers within a community. But it offers a clean, functional design. That makes it a solid Christian matchmaking website.
Catholic Match: Best for Catholics
- Focused on Catholics:CatholicMatch is the largest dating site for Catholics looking for marriage. It’s endorsed by Catholic leaders, some of whom have found their spouses through the site.
- Guarantee for Members:Membership to this Christian dating site is $29.95 for a single month, with better deals if you sign up for three months. However, if you search for six months and do not find someone, they’ll give you another six months for free. You must pay to message someone.
- Success Stories Shared:Catholic Match has a robust blog. In it, the team shares dozens of success stories of couples who met and fell in love through the site. Take note: the other online reviews aren’t so favorable. Some users complain of fake profiles.
- Interview Question Options:It’s possible to set up your profile to have potential matches answer questions first.
- Faith Interpretations Can Vary:Not all members follow the same Catholic teachings. Not every user agrees that premarital sex is wrong, for example. That can lead to some uncomfortable conversations. Each profile has seven faith-based questions to sort this out.
eHarmony: Best for In-Depth Understanding
- Founded on Christian Values:eHarmony is one of the best Christian dating sites. This is true even though it’s not only for the faithful. A Christian theologian founded the site in 2000 with a focus on singles who are ready for a meaningful relationship.
- No Swiping:Today, this dating site has more than 2 million members. Not all are Christian, but it’s a good option for Christian senior dating. The system matches you with a potential match, Christian or not. You aren’t constantly swiping.
- Unique Compatibility Quiz:When you sign up, you must complete an extensive quiz. It rates your “32 dimensions” of compatibility, a quiz with rights reserved. For Christians dating, this helps weed out those who do not share your faith.
- More Expensive than Other Sites:There are pros and cons to spending $41.95 a month for membership. This is expensive. But the cost also lets users know that other Christian singles are serious about finding the one.
BigChurch: Best for Inspirational Blogs
- Large Christian Membership:BigChurch is a dedicated Christian dating site. There are more than 300,000 active members.
- Bible Group and Blogs:What sets BigChurch apart are the many perks for members. As a regular member, you can contribute to and enjoy the BigChurch.com Magazine. On the site there are also plenty of blog posts, a friend network, and also Bible study groups.
- Inexpensive Membership:BigChurch offers some of the most affordable membership rates. It’s $15.99 for one month. You must be a member if you want to communicate with other members. Those looking for a free Christian dating site can still browse profiles.
Christian Dating For Free: Best Free Christian Dating Site
- Free but With Ads:Christian Dating For Free, or CDFF, is a free option for finding the one God prepares you for. It’s one of the best free Christian dating sites. There are no memberships, no tiers, and no limitations on who can do what. However, as a result, users must see lots of ads from sponsors. For $4.95, you can enjoy the app ad-free.
- Simple but Effective:This no-frills site lets you see who is online and who viewed your profile. You can send “winks” or add one or more people to your favorites list. You can also send messages for dating free of charge.
- Live Chat Rooms: The message board is a good place to share your faith and discuss all kinds of topics. There is a Bible study room as well as more secular topics, too.
- Profiles Include Religion:Single Christians will appreciate that the profiles include religious information. But the profiles can otherwise be lean. As a result, it may be hard to know who is the one for you. When dating online, free options can lack a robust nature.
EliteSingles: Best for Professional Christians
- Ideal for Educated Singles:EliteSingles targets educated professionals rather than ages or races. Members are mostly over the age of 30 with advanced degrees.
- Members Receive Quality Matches:The system offers three to seven matches each day. It uses a matchmaking system that connects men and women who align both spiritually and intellectually. It is not just a faith-based site, but it is one of the best online dating sites for Christians.
- Successful for Long-Term Love:There are more than 350,000 new members each month. EliteSingles claims success for 2,500 singles who find the one they love every month.
- Good for All Ages:This is a good Christian dating service for marriage. The quality of the users means less of a casual culture than most dating sites that aren’t just for the faithful.
- Helpful Dating Tips Included:EliteSingles also produces a magazine. In it, there are plenty of online dating tips as well as advice for a great first date.
Crosspaths: Best for Meeting in Person
- Mobile Technology:Another good option for dating in Christianity is Crosspaths. This isn’t one of the Christian matchmaking websites. This Christian dating app is only available for download from both the Apple Store and Google Play. The experience is set up like more traditional, swipe-style dating apps.
- Social Event Opportunities:Unlike other faith based dating sites, Crosspaths organizes social events. These are low-stress, fun ways to help you find a good match in faith-based dating.
- First Class Subscription Options:For $24.99 a month, users can subscribe to “First Class” and receive premium features. These members can know the level of faith of potential matches. They also can send “super swipes” when interested and view top profiles.
- Effective for All Ages:The app interface has a simple, easy-to-use design. It’s good for both young and more mature single Christians. The features are familiar like other dating apps, but the system helps you find the one to share a life of faith with.
How to Choose a Christian Dating Site?
Of all the options for faith-based dating sites for Christians, it’s hard to know which one is right for you. Here are some things to consider:
Do you want a free Christian dating site?
Most of the sites aren’t free. You need a monthly membership or subscription fee to enjoy the entire experience. If you want a completely free option, go for Christian Dating For Free. If you want to try one of the free trial plans of some sites like Christian Cupid or Christian Café, go to the site and sign up. The trials begin right away.
Are all the people on Christian websites really Christian?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. There are some dating sites, like BlackPeopleMeet and EliteSingles, that do not have faith rules. For those sites, you must use the filter options to focus your search. Otherwise, you may be wasting time. Approach any new relationship with caution. Their ideas of Christian faith may be very different from yours.
Are dating websites safe?
In general, online dating is just as safe as any other form of dating. Still, you’ll need to be very careful and smart when meeting a stranger for the first time in person. You may feel like the days or weeks of chatting help you know someone, but you must take care. There are plenty of valuable tips for staying safe for online dating.
For example, before you meet, video chat with your date. This is a great way to know what they look like as well as see what they’re really like. Always plan to meet in a public place. Never plan a dinner in for the first date, for example. Tell a friend about your plans. They can even check in on you during the date to make sure you are feeling comfortable. Always drive yourself––or at least have money available to call a ride, if necessary.
It’s also important to never, ever give someone you just met online money. Do not share personal information, and listen to your instincts. If something feels weird, chances are there’s a good reason. Finally, stay sober. If you have too much to drink, you won’t be as aware of your surroundings as you should be with a stranger.
What are the pros and cons of Christian dating sites?
If you haven’t found someone in your church who could be the one for you, you need to look elsewhere. Online dating is becoming more commonplace. There’s nothing wrong with looking on a site or app for love. If you use a faith-based tool, you’ll have a better chance of finding the one. Be patient.
Like all kinds of dating, Christian dating can be disappointing. Do not presume that everyone shares your exact beliefs. Have fun with the process, and keep faith that God will present the person for you when the time is right.
Which Christian Site is For You?
While the top 10 Christian dating sites have helped faithful singles find love, some present a better design and success rate than others. That’s why Christian Mingle is the clear winner. Christian Mingle has a large membership, mobile and website platforms, and helpful advice.
Match.com and eHarmony are also excellent runners-up. They have a long history of serious relationships and easy filtering. But they are not only for Christians.
Loveflutter.com is the premiere dating website for love and relationships. We help you find and date local singles in your area.