Last Updated: May 27th, 2015
Loveflutter Ltd ("we" or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We collect information from you when you register for the Website or Mobile Application, when you fill in forms on our site, and when you use the site. This includes:
We automatically collect and store the following information about your computer, mobile device and other activities:
1. Your computer's IP address
2. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system)
3. Your mobile device's unique ID number
4. Your mobile device's geographic location while the app is actively running
5. The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to www.loveflutter.comYour preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.)
6. The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any)
7. How long you used Loveflutter and which features and services you made use of
8. The online or offline status of Loveflutter
1. In order to register for the Mobile and Website application, you have the choice to either register manually or sign-in using your Facebook login. When you choose Facebook, you authorize Loveflutter Ltd to access specific Facebook account information, including information about your Facebook friends who may be common Facebook friends with other Loveflutter users. By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we will obtain and share your name and a profile picture, as well as the name and profile picture of your Facebook friends who are common Facebook friends with other Loveflutter users in your network or geolocation.
3. Your "First Name" will be publicised on the Loveflutter site and this will be the identity by which you are known on the site. Visitors to Loveflutter who haven't logged in will be able to see limited information about you (your description of yourself and who you're looking for, basic information about your age, approximate location, height, etc).
4. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable screens or pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
5. You may also (but are not required to) provide information about yourself (such as your gender, location, URL, or a biography). Any additional image or information you provide may be publicly displayed. If you wish, we will delete your account information; to do so, please close your account by sending an email to email@example.com.
We may collect and store personal information about other people that is available to us through your Facebook login, namely the name and picture of your Facebook friends as follows: we will only share this information with other Loveflutter users who are already friends with your Facebook friend and who already have access to such information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We won't show or share any of your location information to other Loveflutter users. While the Mobile Application is in use, we intermittently track your device’s geographic location so that we can connect you to other Loveflutter users based on your particular geographic location.
We will only use your email address for contacting you. We will never show or give your email address to another Loveflutter member.
We will encrypt your password in our database. We strongly encourage you to choose a secure password that isn't easily guessable. You should never reveal your Loveflutter password to anyone. If you think your password might be compromised please change it immediately via your 'Account settings' page.
We will use your date of birth to calculate the age we show on your profile. We won't show your date of birth to other Loveflutter users.
If you choose to add a profile picture, this will be displayed to anyone who views your profile page or sees you on a search results page on mobile or web. Profile pictures may be included in email communications to Loveflutter members if Loveflutter considers you to be a good match. We sometimes show pictures of Loveflutter members on the front page of the Loveflutter site and in marketing promotions. You can choose not to be featured on these pages by updating your preferences via the 'Account settings' page.
We may share user information with other companies for various reasons as described below. What information we make available to other companies depends on the nature of our relationships with them. We generally require these other companies to keep our users' information confidential.
Service Providers: We may share all of the types of information we collect with vendors who provide services to us.
Advertisers: To the extent we display advertising on Loveflutter, we may allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your mobile device (including mobile device IDs), activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you.
Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users' computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our sites and apps are being used. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs, as described in the paragraph below (“Mobile device IDs”). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Mobile device IDs: In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of our application, we may store your mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer) when you use the Loveflutter application. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
What we don't share: We do not provide third parties with your name, address, email address, or phone number.
Aggregated Information: We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as the total number of our users and their overall demographics.
Disclosure of your information: In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If Loveflutter Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will send you notifications to tell you about your membership status and to notify you of new messages, mutual likes, matches and other site activity. We will also send you emails with suggestions of people you might like. From time to time, we will send you marketing emails about Loveflutter. You can change your email preferences via the 'Account settings' page at any time.
If you use the 'Invite Friends' feature, we will send a message to the Facebook friend(s) you have selected. We won't share this private email with anyone else. We will tell the recipient that you have asked us to send this message. By choosing to use this feature you are confirming that your friend is happy to receive the email. You must not use our 'Invite Friends' feature to send spam.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users browsing patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
They enable us: to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; to store information about your preferences for the site, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests. This includes remembering your login details, and your preferences for displaying your 'Edit profile' page; to speed up your searches; to recognize you when you return to our site.